Okay, let’s not kid ourselves. Menopause in and of itself is not fun. But it doesn’t have to get in the way of a good party – in fact, I think it’s a reason to throw a party! Go ahead and grab a martini, it’s time for a Menopause Party!
I used to be afraid to talk with people about what I was going through, until I realized it’s all you can do to stop yourself going crazy! Inviting your girlfriends over for a drink and talking about your personal menopause experiences can be life-altering. And so much fun! Let me tell you – you are NOT alone in this journey, so reach out to your girls for support!
Here are some fun terms you can throw around to help get the conversation started (note: I made most of these up):
- Shmirshky – vagina; woman; female; babe.
- Erlick – penis; man; male; dude.
- PM&M – the entire time in a shmirshky’s life when she’s going through the perimenopause and menopause experience.
- SUMO – the hypercritical voice inside your head.
- “I’m fine” – the motto of the shmirshky cover-up. As I like to say, don’t hide your shmirshky under a bush. If you do, you might hear the words “I’m fine!” shouted from underneath that bush!
Now you can have serious and private discussions about perimenopause, menopause, vaginas, and penises and no one will know what you’re talking about! Menopause Party away!